Monday, December 06, 2004

FREE SPEECH, YES. TRAITOROUS CONDUCT? WOW.
Some people say that Fonda's conduct took place years ago, and the war was wrong. Well, decry it here, where everyone has the right of free speech, but to go over to the enemy and say it there, while our men are in prison, a prison you visit, and to do it there and wish you could fire an anti-aircraft gun and shoot one of our planes,"those motherf**kers" down, that's a close parallel to Benedict Arnold. I lived but a mile from the spot where Benedict Arnold killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel, so I have known the story for almost 75 of my 80 years.

Tell Jane that no amount of exercise erases my memory of those days in which she waved the flag of the enemy. Then, when I talked to a man from South VietNam, a former soldier, who had spent 12 years in a prison camp and heard his story, there is no forgiveness in me. She never appealed to them for justice to those men who starved and died in those camps, as horrible as Hitler's Concentration camps.

Do we forgive such conduct? Is it forgiveable? I don't think so.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home