Saturday, July 24, 2004


Dell's Computer from Hell, (cont.)!

DELL should have corrected the mistake!.  Build a castle for yourself and a ten story tower so you can view half of Texas, that's okay.  You do your thing and I'll do mine.  But to waste my time trying to resolve problems with a computer that your people know simply cannot be resolved, then, damn it, then I feel I've been cheated.

They stuck Windows ME in these computers, instead of the program my Computer was designed for..probably because Gates gave them "a close-out" price" I'll bet.  Imagine, they didn't install the Modem Drivers in my computer either, so I got the royal shaft there too.  The big problem is that many of us Senior Citizens do not have sufficient knowledge and experience to cope with these errors. But ME is even a big problem for computer Geeks! Everyone I know with ME figures they got royally screwed; Dell was not honest and didn't inform us of these problems.

Now, if anyone wonders why I take the CEO, Michael Dell, to task, I'll tell you.  These billion dollar companies have strict policies and they have blocks that prevent you (and guys like me) from bypassing them.  If you do not fit within their guidelines, because you've realized too late that you've gotten screwed, there is no way in hell that some hourly clerk is going to make an exception for you and risk losing his job, no way.  

Experience: I fought GM on my Greenbrier van back around 1961 for months on end and although it constantly broke down and was in half the Chevrolet dealer's garages in 7 western states, it wasn't until the telephone operator at GM in Detroit put me right through to the CEO's office one day that I got a brand new engine out of them for one with 47,000 miles on it. That original engine was a disaster.  So, when you want a decision made it's obvious, you must get to the CEO's office.  Until then I had dealt with Service Reps in major cities who lied and stone-walled me at every turn.  Corporations today are worse, they're almost impenetrable, and even a low-down manager is unavailable to an ordinary client like me. 

Michael Dell wears boots more expensive than this Dell Dimention 4100, but I cannot afford his hand-tooled fancy boots.  I ain't a'kissing them either. 
ODE TO MICHAEL DELL II

I'll do a new poem each week for ol' Michael Dell,
The CEO who brags that he knows how to sell,
List' Michael, it's an easy decision to make, 
Just tell your guys to quickly rectify this mistake.
I'm just wasting my time with this Windows ME,
You owe me a Dimension with new Windows XP!
Every few minutes a "Windows will now close,"
To tell you the truth, it's a real pain up my...nose.

Windows ME was the worst program from Bill Gates,
And like a virus its spread through all fifty states.
Like a tire with a bubble, it'll never be right,
I know there were millions like me in the same plight,
With Windows ME, Dell has given us the shaft.
I know where it belongs..and up to the haft!
It's not fair to cheat people with Windows ME,
And cheated they are, when it won't work properly!

I'd like to think well of the CEO at Dell,
But how can I when I've this Computer from Hell?
"Lexplore will now close" four times has popped up on screen,
While writing this last verse, then erases it clean.
Some gibberish appears, words that mean nothing to me,
That's just one more day with Windows complexity.
Oh to leg-chain this computer to Michael Dell,
And his sentence? "Life with that Computer from Hell!"


Well, them's my sentiments, that's my opinion. Any questions, Bubby? And, then my computer locked up and an hour's work was lost, so I had to do this all over again. That's just another day with my Dell. Soon, pictures of my Dell from Hell.


1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 18, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally found someone who has the dell from hell and decided to make a website for the piece of junk we bought. kjrje@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home