Saturday, October 04, 2003

ANOTHER TV DAY
No, not watching TV. I'm not one for watching TV all day long, and in fact, it seldom goes on before 9 PM at night, but most often, not before midnight to one a.m., when I am in bed.

My TV day was taping another half hour show of Howard's Views and I am somewhere around program #48. I talk about various subjects, usually Cuba and that jerk Fidel Castro, the evils of the credit card industry and how they bleed the merchants (retailers) dry with that phony Air Miles campaign, that Kamen scooter called the Segway, which I call the Sledge-weigh, and other tid-bits of information.

But, since I began trying my hand at TV at age 77, I am not unhappy with what I've done. Which, probably, at that, isn't much.

I managed to get Milli to hang up on me again tonight. She put me through the 3rd degree for almost an hour and could not understand why I began to lose my patience with her.

She has trouble understanding that twenty questions doth not a conversation maketh and it is getting to be routine that she hangeth up on me.

For those of you youngsters out there who think that women change as they get older and life will run smoother, believeth me, it doth not. Think back to when you were 15, and then call her up. Oh dear, I know that some are saying, "and then call him up."

Every time she asks a question and I answer it, if I in any way explain the answer or add one single remark to it, it will lead to another question, not a remark or a change of subject, but to another question about the same subject. If I reply, "You'll have to ask John (or Jane) that," that is taken as a sarcasm, but hell, I don't know why he or she trims his or her toenails that way, or why he or she did not go to the doctor's three days earlier, or why the doctor prescribed rat poison to the patient. I feel like I am on the witness stand and the prosecutor is trying to find out why I stole the car, knifed the woman, and where I buried the body.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home