Friday, August 29, 2003

Eight years ago I began to write a series of poems. The first one was titled, Tomorrow, and I had a thousand of them printed up and put one in my gallery window. A woman walked in the following morning and bought five copies. She told me that she had had 5 children, but one had passed away the previous week, and she had read the poem in the window the previous night and it strongly affected her. She bought copies for each of her 4 remaining children as well.

Well, one of the subsequent poems was about a Teddy Bear, and I had it illustrated. I've not gotten around to publishing the book yet, but I have printed some posters from the illustrations. I'll have them up on a Web page shortly. If I knew how to put pictures on the Blog site, I'd put them here, but damn it, I simply am having trouble doing anything escept straight copy so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home