Saturday, July 12, 2003

BLACK MYTHS AND MISSES
There are a lot of dumb Blacks in this country; there are also a lot of dumb Whites in this country. Proportionately I would say the percentage is about equal in the White population as it is in the Black population. Being White I might think that there are 2% to 3% more dumb Black people, but a Black reader might disagree and think that there are 5% more dumb Whites overall. Who in the hell can come up with a correct figure? Like when I read "each night more than 30 million children go to bed hungry" I say to myself, more bullcrap. Six million have this disease. Eight million that one. All these high figures are supposed to get us upset. Where do they get them from? I think they're: Absolutely bullcrap.

When I follow Sports (which I don't to a large degree) I see Black sports superstars outnumbering White ones at a tremendous ratio advantage. i.e. Basketball, for example, seems to be about 80% Blacks to 20% Whites. I guess I could research it on the Web, but then, it is something that is quite obvious whenever you watch the Lakers, or the Jazz or the Celtics play.

Athletics to some may simply be thought of in terms of physique and muscle, but I know that that just is not true. It takes brains to play baseball or football or basketball, and even to be a tri-Athlete, or a long-distance runner. It takes brainpower similar to that of a good chessplayer, because almost all sports require an uncanny knowledge of intricacies of that sport, as well as understanding the psychology of the opposing players. It takes memory as much as conditioning; it takes mental preparation as well as ability. These guys are real heroes, real leaders, real examples, because in Sports, excuses don't count.


They didn't give Sammy Sousa an extra five home runs at the beginning of the season, did they? They don't give Shaq two points before the game. As I said, you stand and deliver in Sports, excuses don't count! When I read the Sports Section of the Los Angeles Times I pay close attention to such things, to the stories and the statistics. I think they're important. Here you find some truth. Every star player stands on his own, alone on his or her merits.



Therefore, I don't agree with this Superior Race dogma espoused by some White Supremeists. In fact, often when I see their photos or interviews on TV, my impression usually is...that these people are about two steps removed from intelligent life on earth. On the other hand, when one views those TV shows devoted to trashy situations, the participants seems almost as devoid of intelligence as White Supremeists, and since so many of the guests on those shows are Blacks, it doesn't do anything to help my argument here. At times there are two White women or two Black women fighting over a Black man who has been two-timing them. For some odd reason, the women always seem so much more articulate than the man involved, and I'll not push the Remote control button because I am so intrigued with the language the guys speak. If I can't understand them, how can these women understand them? What is the attraction? But then, out pops another guest, some White guy with a face full of metal studs and he seems to speak a similar language, un-understandable, like he just came off a space-ship from a planet on the very outer rim of the Universe.

What am I leading up to? I think that if the Black people are capable of winning in sports, where they do not get any additional points, but have to fight for every single position, then they also have the same ability to be winners at academics. It all depends upon your priorities.

I expect no less from a person of a different race than from one of my own; I believe that they are all equally capable, racially speaking. Again, there are dumb Blacks, dumb Whites, and even, even dumb Asians now and then. So, when it comes to having smarts I give everyone the same credit; that's why I am courteous to everyone, no matter what their race, color, religion or even...even (I hate to admit) if they're Democrats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home